Origins: Verdis

In July of 2012, I downloaded Eve; as a sort of early birthday present. Thus was born Verdis deMosays, my one actual character. In the next 6 years of playing in (or being addicted to, if you believe my wife) New Eden, I've done a lot. NC. renter, mission runner, Karmafleet SNOOObie, Space Monkey, Wormholer, accidental miner, ganker of miners, thief, rogue, and free roaming Cardinal of Chaos to the Space Pope.

This story really begins with my leaving the Pope's Sixth Empire alliance. A friend of many alts and much diplomacy, Jev, introduced me to Electus Matari and Ursha'Khan leaders. I found there a tight community and element of the game I hadn't explored. My corp, Special Operation Brigade Six [SOB-S] was born, and a new chapter opened.

The reason this is important, is that it lead to a realization of why I fly in this swamp of spreadsheets and sociopaths: challenge. I love the challenge of new arenas of though, and helping people navigate them. Since December of 2017, I took on a new challenge. I hung up my 83m skill points, and stayed alpha. I wanted to see what was possible, and hopefully help others see it. Jev calls me a "one-man alpha clone limit tester," and I can't argue. That concept framed this blog.

My mission here is to share what I've learned in 6 years of experience. And especially to show people that you don't have to pay to excel in Eve. T2 ships are specialized, and do their role better than what an alpha has access to, but 90% of what they do can be done without paying. CCP wrote a new story with alphas. And as they say, its not real in Eve til the players make it real, so I aim to prove it to you. Join me in the wins, losses, and lessons of Eve, take my hard earned lessons, and go write your story.

Comments

Popular Posts